Spirit, Mind, & Body Resources for Making Neurochoices
The Creation and Maintenance of Wellness by Dr. Charlotte A. Tomaino
Resources & Links
Professional Services & Associations
for Enhancing Brain Function
For Resources from Dr. Charlotte A. Tomaino, please visit the blog
- HealthGrades: http://www.healthgrades.com/
- HealthLine – Information on both Brain injury, rehabilitation, and neuropsychologists: http://www.healthline.com/search?q1=Neuropsychologist
- Revolution Health: http://www.revolutionhealth.com/browse-doctors/neuropsychologist-221
- American Academy of Pediatric Neuropsychology (AAPN): http://www.theaapn.org/
- USA Health Care Guide – Find a Clinical Neuropsychologist: http://www.usahealthcareguide.com/dr/find-a-clinical-neuropsychologist.html
- Psychology Today: http://www.psychologytoday.com/
Information regarding neuropsychology
- American Psychological Association – Division of Clinical Neuropsychology: http://www.div40.org/
- American Psychological Association: www.apa.org
- American Psychological Association – Locate a clinician: http://locator.apa.org/
- National Academy of Neuropsychology: http://www.nanonline.org
- New York State Association of Neuropsychology: http://www.the-nysan.org/
- Learning Services – Specialist in Brain Injury Care: http://www.learningservices.com/
- National Institute of Mental Health – Laboratory of Neuropsychology: http://ln.nimh.nih.gov/
Brain Injury Associations
- The Brain Injury Association of America: http://www.biausa.org
- Our mission is to be the voice of brain injury. Through advocacy, education, and research, we bring help, hope and healing to millions of individuals living with brain injury, their families and the professionals who serve them.
- Find BIA in Your State: http://www.biausa.org/state-affiliates.htmThe Brain Injury Association of America's nationwide network of chartered state.
- This site allows you to click on the state in which you are located and provides the website for that specific state.
- National Directory Of Brain Injury Services: https://secure.biausa.org/OnlineDirectory/Directory/Default.aspx
- The most comprehensive, accessible and informative directory of brain injury providers spanning the complete continuum of care from injury through community services. Links are available to: Facilities and community-based services, Brain Injury Specialists, State Brain Injury Associations, and Support Groups.
Brain Injury Support Groups
- BIAA State Affiliates & Support Groups: https://secure.biausa.org/OnlineDirectory/Directory/SearchType1.aspx
- Can search sites for support groups in your state.
- The Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA) has chartered state affiliates in most states. BIAA state affiliates provide a wealth of brain injury information, support for persons with brain injury and their families, education and training opportunities and much, much more. The best resources are local, so be sure to contact your BIAA state affiliate.
- The support groups found in this section are those which are affiliated with a Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA) state affiliate. Contact the support group for details about meeting locations, times and dates. If you have additional questions, contact the BIAA state affiliate in your state.
- Brain Injury Resource Center: http://www.headinjury.com/library.htm AND http://www.headinjury.com/linktbisup.htm
- List of websites around the country that facilitates individuals to reach out to others and build a network of support for themselves and their family.
- Daily Strength – Brain Injury Support Group: http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Brain-Injury/support-group
- Online discussion/support groups for individuals and family members of individuals with brain injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury Forum – Index: http://www.traumaticbraininjuryforum.com
- Share Experiences, Meet Brain Injury People, Get support and information about Head Injury.
The Science for Accessing Neuroplasticity
To read more about the science of Neuroplasticity, click on the following links:
To read more about the science of Addiction, click on the following links:
- National Institute on Drug Abuse(NIDA) – The Science of Drug Abuse and Addition
To read more about accessing the power of neuroplasticity through meditation, click on the following links:
- National Institute of Health
- Buddha’s Brain: Neuroplasticity and Meditation, by Richard J. Davidson and Antoine Lutz
- Psychotherapy and Meditation – Jack Kornfield
- The Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Mindfulness Resources for Clinical Training and Practice – Ken Pope
- The Guided Meditation Site
- Meditation and Relaxation Techniques for Beginners
- Information on Various Meditation Techniques